Our Data Diode is a small and affordable network component that allows network traffic in one direction only. It can be used to ensure confidentiality or integrity, it depends on how you use it.
How it works
The link22 Data Diode works by simple physics by sending light in one direction only to carry your data. A light emitter on one side sends light through a fibre to a photoreceiver on the other end. Nature ensures that there is no way for the data to go in the other direction giving an unhackable air-gap bridge between networks.
Bridges the air gap
Air-gapping can be achieved by separating two systems with link22 Data Diode that on the physical level guarantees that data can only flow in one direction. link22 Data Diode provides a separation with much higher assurance than other mechanisms, such as firewalls.
Also available as a two-part solution
- Separation of responsibility. One part in each domain.
- Designed to comply with TEMPEST requirements.
- Better than a firewall, hardware only.
- 1 Gbit/s throughput.
- Ethernet Interface.
- Built in optical separation.
- Optional separate power supplies for upstream and downstream interface.